Whatever your type of business, this time of year is all about preparing for Christmas, holidays, the end of one year and the beginning of a new year with a fresh start.
It is a time to:
- Review your business’s performance and compare results from the previous year.
- Celebrate your successes over the past year and enjoy a few parties!
- Prepare your business for the year to come, update business or marketing plans and reset your targets.
- Develop specific Christmas promotions to make it as easy as possible for your customers to buy their Christmas gifts from you.
- Thank your customers and all the other people you rely on for their support over the past year.
- Manage your cash-flow over the holiday season if it is typically a low income, high expenses period.
- Acknowledge and thank your staff for their contributions.
- Catch up on some of the tasks that you have been putting off until things quietened down e.g. a new website, development of processes, upgrade of computers etc.
- Take some time out to relax and recharge your own and your staff’s energy levels and enthusiasm.