Generating positive publicity for your business is an area of marketing that is often forgotten or not even considered. Read on to learn to take advantage of this and write a press release. Using the media to tell people about your business can be an effective way of spreading the word, enhancing your credibility and generating sales. And best of all – it’s free!
Let’s Write a press release!
To begin, choose your Story. Often this is easier said than done, so here are some ideas to get you started:
- A particularly interesting, large or important customer.
- A common problem that you’re solving.
- An emerging trend in technology.
- A new and/or unusual service you provide and how this benefits your community.
- Sponsorship of an event/your involvement in a charitable or community project.
- Winning or nomination for an award.
- Results of a survey you have done.
- How you have specially helped a customer out of a tricky/risky situation.
- Anything that you personally (or your staff) have done/innovation within your business.
- New contracts or deals you have signed.