Engineering Business Growth
It all began with an Advisory Board
Helen began working with Petone Engineering through Advisory Boards NZ at the beginning of 2016. This involved NZTE partly-funded coaching for Petone Engineering’s owner, Chris Molenaar and his CFO Matt Bliss on the best way to set up an Advisory Board.
Petone Engineering’s Advisory Board is made up of:
- The business owner
- A finance and reporting role
- An industry representative with extensive experience in business growth
- A marketing role (Helen) who also took on the Chairperson role
The Advisory Board initial focus has been on supporting business growth and establishing scalable and practical management processes.
Fast Track to Success
Marketing had always been a challenge. Therefore, Petone Engineering called on Synthesis for a Marketing Communications Package. Tied this to their strategy, their package integrates both digital and traditional marketing channels, including:
After just 3 months of working within the Marketing Communications Package, we conducted a report of all communications for Petone Engineering’s Advisory Board and found phenomenal results:
- Regular posting on Facebook and LinkedIn is growing customer engagement and driving traffic to their website.
- Newsletters always generate great feedback from their customers.
- Onsite photos and photos of staff working are enjoyed by both clients and staff.
- Case Studies promoted through multiple channels increase traffic to the website help to convert potential clients, into paying customers.
Due to a more structured to approach to the overall business as well as implementing a simple, regular and well thought out marketing programme, Petone Engineering has seen some exponential growth this year.
For them, this has meant expanding from a team of five to a team of ten and doubling the floor space of their workshop and investing in a variety of new machines.