Engineering Business Growth
With over 10 years of experience, Petone Engineering is a local business providing a comprehensive and wide range of engineering services, including:
- machinery repairs
- factory maintenance
- metal work
It all began with an Advisory Board
Helen began working with Petone Engineering through Advisory Boards NZ at the beginning of 2016. This involved NZTE part-funded coaching for Petone Engineering’s owner, Chris Molenaar and his CFO Matt Bliss on the best way to set up an Advisory Board.
Petone Engineering’s Advisory Board is made up of:
- The business owner
- A finance and reporting role
- An industry representative with extensive experience in business growth
- A marketing role (Helen) who also took on the Chairperson role
The Advisory Board initial focus has been on supporting business growth and establishing scalable and practical management processes.
Fast Track to Success
Marketing had always been a challenge. Therefore, Petone Engineering called on Synthesis for a Marketing Communications Package, tied to their strategy, and integrating both digital and traditional marketing activities.
The combined and integrated approach of their marketing enables them to engage their customer using:
- Company LinkedIn page
- Chris’ personal LinkedIn page
- Newsletters – sign me up!
- Case studies
- Monthly website updates (we update content ourselves and liaise with the web developer on behalf of the client).
- Client phone calls and visits
To aid us in these online marketing activities we’ve conducted two photo shoots down at the workshop. This provides us with 2-3 months’ worth of content for their entire online communications schedule.
After just 3 months of working within the Marketing Communications Package, we conducted a report of all communications for Petone Engineering’s Advisory Board.
We found, that phenomenal results could be achieved in this small time frame:
- Regular posting of Facebook is driving engagement in growing numbers.
- Newsletters are generating great feedback from customers.
- Onsite photos and photos of staff working are enjoyed by both clients and staff.
- Case Studies promoted through multiple channels increase traffic to the website.
This structured marketing approach also gives Petone Engineering the tools to communicate to their customers at the drop of a hat, should an urgent need arise. Synthesis Marketing offers support outside of Marketing Communications Package to assist with the ebb and flow of our client’s needs.
Travelling the Journey Together
Due to a more structured to approach to the overall business as well as implementing a simple, regular and well thought out marketing programme, Petone Engineering has seen some exponential growth this year. For them, this has meant expanding from a team of five to a team of ten and doubling the floor space of their workshop and investing in a variety of new machines. We’re proud to be a part of this journey. It’s always a great pleasure to see New Zealand businesses flourish and to see how such solid grassroots marketing can support and deliver results for another excellent local business.