Boost Your Website’s Google Ranking with SEO
We all know that SEO is used to make you rank higher in Google’s search engine. But what IS SEO? We look at the nuts and bolts to tell you what’s really going on with your page ranking. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation and it helps you to get the most out of your content.
Google knows who to rank first by sending out little spiders (or crawlers) across the internet. These spiders are trained to look for a variety of things. However, these things change often so you have to keep up to date with the latest news and refresh your content regularly!
What are Google’s crawlers looking for?
There are tactics you can use in your online content, both in the back of your website and on the page seen by the pubic that will stand out to the crawlers. The more boxes you tick, the higher you’ll rank.
The focus for each page is your keyword, this is what your customers are putting into the Google search bar to find you. This is where you should start as it will inform the rest of what you do.
How Synthesis Marketing uses SEO for our Clients
At Synthesis Marketing, we begin with using some keyword research to find the best phrases to suit your industry and your target market.
Behind the scenes:
- In the backend of your website we use the keyword in your coding (a technical language read by the spiders, and those trained to read it). We add a variety of different tags to your code.
- We use spacing and font sizes to make the page easier to read for both Google’s crawlers and customers.
- We choose the perfect photo to suit the function of the chosen page.
- We update the meta description to that users can see what your page is about (this is an indirect method to boost traffic, which then boosts your ranking).
Front and centre:
- We use the keyword word throughout the website copy in a balanced way. If this is done too many times it counts as keyword stuffing, which Google hates!
- When appropriate we add links to other pages on your website and to outside websites.
- We make your copy customer focused and easy to read. Google also becoming progressively customer focused and rewards us well for this.
- We get as close as we can to a specific number of words on each page that Google has found to be the most informative for people to read.
- We structure each heading to grab attention on Google’s front page.
- We finish, by adding in your Call to Action!
Because keeping your content up to date boosts your website ranking, we find blog posts to be a great answer. It also provides a great resource for new clients getting to know you and a fun way for existing customers to keep engaged and learn more about how to use your products and services.
SEO is all about making your content useful to the reader and easy to find for those who need your service/product. It takes a lot of research and a lot of time, so if you’d like expert help, we offer marketing communications packages to boost and maintain your SEO. Get in touch today, and let us help you get higher on Google.